Love Wins! Hip-Hop, History, and the Occupy Wall Street Movement!

MLK Memorial in Washington 


There are many individuals today who are quick to criticize hard-working, honest Americans like Russel Simmons; calling him a hypocrite for supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement--while owning a credit card company. Well think about this; Thomas Jefferson is seen as the quintessential patriot saying “all people were created equal” but owned a plantation full of slaves.
The important thing to focus on here is that both Jefferson and Simmons are talking about the functionality of the system. They are saying that if we put the right policies into effect, it won’t matter how much money “I” make because it will be redistributed through taxes, for the benefit of EVERYONE! (In Jefferson's case, it’d be illegal to own slaves) ...And, since taxes are not currently redistributing the national wealth properly, “I’m gonna give (my money) away, anyways!” (Although, Jefferson never freed his slaves.) Still, like Russell says, his credit card company “don’t run shit!”



I have been losing fans for my dedication to the Occupy Wall Street movement! … The problem is that most Americans have a very narrow scope of education and no recollection of (even recent, American) history!

Poor People's Campaign: A Dream Unfulfilled

At the end of Martin Luther King’s life he became increasingly critical of our economic system. Specifically, the Military-industrial-complex and how the cost of war was impoverishing the nation! He organized the Poor People’s Campaign whose aim was “to demand that President Lyndon Johnson and Congress help the poor get jobs, health care and decent homes; (and) they planned to stay until some action was taken.” Jobs, health care, and homelessness is exactly why Occupy Wall Street is here today! And, they have stated repeatedly that this occupation is permanent until the concerns of the poor and oppressed are addressed!

Weeks before the Poor People’s Campaign happened, King was assassinated! (Go figure) So today, we are seeing that same movement happen again but with four (plus) times the representation because America didn’t take Martin Luther King seriously enough!  

Therefor, I want to make this crystal clear. I am for peace, love, and unity! But, that is not going to come without a “fight.” (We must “peace for peace,” as John Lennon would say.) Sometimes you have to be aggressive, intimidating, and let people know you are not willing to back down from a bunch of (economic) rapists who don’t have any grounds to stand on; but yet, force their ways upon their victims (which in this case, is the American public). This is the reason why I make poetry and music like “For the Republic (Tiberious Gracchus),” “God’s Flow,” and especially “Dickless F*cks! (Corporate Congressmen)” “Dickless F*cks” is about vindictively exposing the problem with our democracy... which (most normal) Americans see as an ill informed, lethargic public that is subservient to a political elite entrenched with, and directed by, big business and finance (i.e. Wall Street).

I can understand if people are upset with the content, but this is my art! It’s no different then when NWA came out with “Fuck the Police” because they knew that the animosity of black youth toward the police was palpable and relevant! I just want you to know, I love all my fans! But I love my country more! And if you think Occupy Wall Street is a joke or is a “bad” idea, you are dead wrong! And too prove that I only have the best intentions for my fans and community, (a long time ago) I remade the hook to a recent billboard hit and custom tailored it to my message and sentiment. (I will let you figure out the song.)
Peace, Love, and Unity is the Message

This is exactly why I made EDULUTION: The Education Revolution album! ...So that America could learn and understand the social changes that are and will be coming! In closing, I thank you for your help and support in moving our country toward a more progressive direction. And please, if you like this post, please send it to at least 5 people you know that endorse the Occupy Together/Wall Street movement, independent hip-hop, and our country! I hope you decide to support Lyceum Recordz and promote the message you have received here today. (And, a "Like" on my facebook page shows your support and means the world to me!)

With love,

Apollo, of Lyceum Recordz
www.lyceumrecordz.com

“Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.” - Lord Acton

“A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” - Margarete Mead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apollo vs. Dionysus (The Dichotomy Explained)

Mind Control [Track 13]